a&dc work with Capita to support Values-Based Recruitment in the NHS
Since April 2015 NHS organisations have been asked to include an assessment of values through the use of Values-based Recruitment (VBR) methodologies.
Working in collaboration with Capita, we’ve developed an online values and behaviour assessment tool for NHS organisations that helps to evaluate an applicant’s fit with NHS and local values. The online Situational Judgement Test (SJT) was designed in collaboration with a large number of NHS and HEI stakeholders and in direct response to the Francis Report. Over 5,000 individuals have completed the assessment to date.
What are Situational Judgement Tests?
Situational Judgement Tests (SJTs) are valuable tools for initial screening and final stage selection during the recruitment process. They can be used in conjunction with individual face to face interviews and are frequently used by a wide variety of employers in every sector.
The NHS values-based test takes 20-30 minutes to complete on line and can process an unlimited number of applicants. A feedback report is generated after the test which can also be used to inform the applicant of their results.
The Benefits of Situational Judgement Tests
- Improve quality of applicants
- Manage high volume cost effectively
- Manage image of employer – current tools and competing for talent
- Identify likely behavioural tendencies of potential employees
- Fast and easy to use
- No limit on applicant tests
- Can also be used for staff appraisals & PDPs
- Use for initial screening and final selection
- Can support all roles and grades
Want to find out more?