Business Sim® for Development Centres
Video group discussion exercises for employee development
Business Sim offers recruiters a new way of delivering group simulations, presenting various displays of digital information on-screen during the exercise. Participants find this dynamic format both engaging and realistic, while assessors have the chance to score a wide range of behaviours, knowledge and skills.
Why use Business Sim for development?
- Realistic, interactive and engaging – constantly changing information and realistic scenarios provide a positive and dynamic candidate experience
- Cutting edge – contemporary communication formats are displayed and updated – including email, social media, instant messages and video
- Saving you time and money – requires minimal facilitation, saving you time as well as costly role-player resources
- Accuracy and consistency – exercise content is pre-recorded, removing the risk of human error and giving you global consistency
- Validity – helps to tap into difficult to measure behaviours, such as judgement and learning agility
Why go bespoke?
We’ll work with you to design exercises that are aligned to your organisation’s branding and context, which give your candidates a realistic job preview during their development centre.
NEW! Ready-to-use – right now!
Now, for the first time, a&dc’s world renowned AC-EXS® range offers two ready-to-use Business Sim exercises:
- Graduate (Level B) – Greengates Marketing Initiative. In this exercise participants assume the role of Graduates taking part in a Graduate Scheme at Grengates, a multinational supermarket retailer. The Graduates have been asked to form a working group by Camille Thomas, the Marketing Director. The purpose of the working group is to review and provide recommendations around a number of proposed initiatives for Greengates that relate to healthy living, whilst taking in new information about Greengates’ competitors and reacting to this. Total exercise time = 60mins.
- Middle Management (Level D) – Business Manager Meeting. In this exercise participants assume the role of Business Managers within Alpha Plastics; one of the UK’s most successful plastics manufacturing companies. The Business Managers are attending a Group Meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss some issues for Alpha Plastics and to provide recommendations to resolve each one. The issues to be discussed cover customer service, competitor activity and a production issue. Participants must respond to new information about each of the issues presented via the Business Simulation video during their discussion. Total exercise time = 60mins.
Note that this exercise can be used in conjunction with our popular paper-based Analysis Exercise, ‘Global Expansion Project,’ which is set in the same fictional company.